Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Father's Day!!

Dear Daddy,
Well, here it is another day of such mixed emotions!!  At times, even after 8 years of you being gone from us and enjoying yourself in Heaven I still have such a hard time comprehending that you are no longer here.  I miss those times of coming "home" to visit with you and Mom, seeing you working outside around the yard or tinkering in your little shop, sitting down and enjoying a big bowl of your favorite ice cream, listening to you tell me something that you thought was exciting
(I love this picture of Daddy making a funny face)
 or watching you get tickled and laughing until you nearly fell off your chair or even calling to talk on the phone.  And then I miss those times when you and Mom moved to Ohio.  I was so sad that with your physical issues you had that you weren't able to live with us, but you weren't far away.  I'll never forget the many, many daily trips I came to visit you when you were in the Nursing Home.  Even though your mind had become so bad from the Dementia/Alzheimer's you always remembered who I was right up until the last few days before you left this world.  I'd walk into your room and you'd say, "Hi, Dorkie!"  I miss hearing that from you!!  I have some awesome memories from those 12 + months you spent in Ohio.  We'd go for drives, bring you over to our house for dinner or when you were able we'd take you out to dinner, we had picnics, and of course, had to go for ice cream!!  No matter how old I live to be and my mind is good, I'll always think of you and love you!!  Yes, I've been told many, many times that I was Daddy's little girl.  That's okay because I'm still proud of that :o)
(Daddy holding his Little Girl)
  In my lifetime while you were still here, you made such a lasting impression on me in so many areas.  I can still in my mind hear you singing.  You loved to sing!!  So many times now in Church when we sing one of your favorite hymns you immediately come to mind.  Sometimes when I pick a song to play for the offertory I choose one of your favorites and just imagine you singing along!!  Yes, I know life goes on, but sometimes I just have to take time to stop and reminisce.  Thanks for the good memories, Daddy.  Father's Day just isn't the same since your gone.  Again, you'll always be in my heart!!
All my love,
Your little girl
Dorcas
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
Here is an awesome video I wanted to include.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


 
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
I'd like to wish Dennis a Happy Father's Day!  He's done so much with our boys over the years.  They still love to spend time in the woods hunting or on the river fishing together.  It doesn't happen very often anymore since we live out of the States.  He loves to sit and talk to our boys!!  I know he's looking forward to the day when he gets to spend more time with them.  Thanks Dennis for all you've done for Brett and Brandon!!
 
 
 
 
And Brett you are one of the best young father's that I've ever saw!!  You are the greatest Daddy to your sons!!  You spend a lot of time with them when you aren't working and you'll never regret that.  Always take time for them no matter what you have to put off until later.  You can never replace lost time with your boys.  Keep up the awesome job you're doing with them.  We're proud of you!!  We hope you have a wonderful Father's Day!!
And here is Dennis with his "boys".  They are the Apple of this Pappy's eyes!!
Dennis' dad passed away on November 16, 2012.  He was such a hard worker and wonderful provider for the McCoy family.  We sure do miss him!!  It doesn't seem possible that our parents are now gone.  I know that's how life goes, but sometimes it's hard to face reality!!
Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's who may read this!  Hope you have a very special day!!

4 comments:

Vi said...

Thanks, Dorcas for such a wonderful Father's Day tribute....beautifully spoken. There's a VOID in our lives that can never be filled. WE MISS YOU! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the DAD'S.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, there is a big void in our lives!! Sure do miss all of them!!

Anonymous said...

Sure do Miss him!! Think about how hard he worked, and how tired he used to get and how his hands were calloused! Love & Miss ALL our family that are gone! I think how good of a daddy Matthew was too! He left this life way toooooooooooo young!! Love You ALL, hk

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
Love you, too!!