Saturday, June 22, 2013

Mother/Father Banquet 6/15/13

On Saturday, June 15, 2013, was a combined banquet for the Mother's and Father's at the Paradise Grill on the waterfront in George Town.  It was very hot, but there was a nice breeze coming in off the Sea which helped tremendously!  Here is my good friend Karen.
Dennis was presented with this beautiful picture
Several pictures of the Mother's and Father's who came to the Banquet
The lady of the right is Hermina.  She is a very sweet lady who we've known since we came to Cayman.  She has been a Monitor here in our school.  I'm really sad as her work permit has run out and she must leave the Island and go back to her home in Jamaica.  (A work permit is only good for seven years and then you must leave the Island.)  She's been a dear friend and supporter of Dennis and I.  She will be greatly missed!!
Deana and Wayne



I wish this picture would have turned out as pretty as it was in person, but I knew as soon as I took it that it wouldn't as I was taking it right into the sun!
The restaurant has a trampoline out in the Sea and there were several people out there having fun!
The Pirate Ship
The Port was very busy with several ships in
Wayne got ahold of my camera :o)
And then he took a picture of Dennis and I
All the Mother's . . . . .
and Father's.  We were disappointed more people didn't attend but it was a very busy weekend!
There were several crabs on this rock, but when I got closer to them, of course they scampered off into the water.
Steve was being a clown!  He was holding a plate with yummy Sticky Toffee Pudding and also eating off a plate with a slice of Key Lime Pie!  What a guy!!  They said he was double dipping :o)
It was a very nice late afternoon get~together with friends!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

Great pics! Everyone looks they were enjoying themselves. What an awesome place to eat!Thought Steve was holding up the sticky toffee pudding to tease us back home lol!!!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
We all had a great time!! The food was awesome, but the Sticky Toffee Pudding was a perfect ending to a delicious meal!! I didn't double dip like Steve did :o)