Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dress~Up Day and Easter Egg Hunt

The last day before our Easter/Spring Break we had dress~up day.  It was a fundraiser for our Parent/Teacher Fellowship.  If the students chose to dress~up they had to pay $3.00.  As you'll see, there were several who chose to do so especially in our younger grades!
Two of my "little" friends ~ Paris (left) and Britney (right).  They are both sweeties!! 
Paris' daddy is the manager of ourr local IGA grocery store.
Britney's parents are both from the Philippine's and haven't been back to their homeland for 9 years meaning that Britney has never been there to meet her long distance family.  Well, three weeks ago, her and her parents along with her grandparent's (her dad's parents) took that long, long flight back home to the Philippine's.  Britney and her parents will be there for one more week and her grandparent's for two weeks.  I'm so excited to see her when she gets back to Grand Cayman and to school to hear about her trip!  I just love Britney.  Several months ago, her dad was doing some work here for the school/our home and I told him if she ever comes up missing they could find her at my house :o)
I walked down to the Kindergarten classroom as I heard some of those little students were really dressed up and they sure were.  Here they were playing a game.
Another little sweetheart!  This is our kindergarten teachers little girl Hhristina.  (I forget the meaning of her name.)  No, I didn't mispell her name.  Her daddy is from Bulgaria and her mommy from here in Cayman.  She's about 20 months old and is one smart little girl.  She can do sign language, speak in the Bulgarian language and English, count, say some of her ABC's and more.
This little girl, Shiiannte, is Hhristina's cousin.  Her dress was soooooo pretty.
They were enjoying looking at what was in their Easter baskets.
The whole class posing for me :o)

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Hi Dorcas!! Love the pictures !! The children are so precious! Sorry I have not be by I have been trying to get on you blog forever and I just relized I was typing in the wrong address and I could not figure out what I was doing wrong:( But I finally figured it out:) Hope all is well with you and your family. Thanks for the Mothers day wishes Hope you had a wonderful day!!
Love
Gayle

Dorcas said...

Gayle.....
It is so good to hear from you!! It's been a long time. Glad you could get back on my blog.

Vi said...

Very nice, Dorcas. Your school sure does NOT lack in activities for the children.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
You are so right!! Always something going on it seems like :o) But I think we all like it that way.