Saturday, September 10, 2011

Wow!

What an amazing way to start the day!!  Yesterday, I told Dennis that I wanted to go to the beach and get in the Sea.  Now remember that we've lived here for over 1 1/2 years and I've only went to the beach one time for leisure other than a baptism!  That time was back in March and I sat in a chair while Dennis went swimming.  But something got into me and I wanted to go in the Sea.  We both woke very early this morning, got ready and off we went.  Before long, we were walking down this sandy trail toward the beautiful, clear Sea!!
Dennis walked right out into the water, but me I only inched in a little at a time.  The water temperature was almost like bath water!!  Ahhh!!  Finally, I walked out to Dennis and immediately fell in love with the beautiful, pristine Caribbean Sea.  You can go way, way out and look down to the bottom.  Amazing!!  I could kick myself for not doing this sooner, but now I have plans to hopefully do this at least once a week or more often if time permits!!
The tide was coming in but it was just so calm!!  There wasn't hardly anyone around the whole time we were there which was about 1 1/2 hours.  Eventually, Dennis got out of the water to do his walking.  He's been walking on the beach now for several weeks.  He doesn't walk on the packed down sand by the water, but walks in the soft sand.  He really gets a major workout!!  While he walked, I went closer to the shore and sat in the water.  It was so peaceful and relaxing.  Again, I can't believe I haven't done this before now, but sure plan to do a lot more of it in the coming days!
I was out in more than chest deep in the water (and I can't swim) just walking around when I looked down and saw this good size fish swimming around my feet.  I took off as fast as I could toward the shore :o)  When Dennis finished walking he got back in the water and I went to the deeper area again with him.  We were just standing talking when we looked down and there was a school of fish just swimming around us.  They were probably only about 10 - 12 inches long and a whitish color with beautiful yellow fins.  If only I could swim ~ I'd love to go snorkling!!  Last Friday, some of our friends went snorkling and were swimming along side about a 6 foot baracuda!!  YIKES!!  I don't think I'd like that :o)  Anyway, going to the beach and getting in the Sea was a wonderful way to start off my Saturday.  It's been a lazy day.  In a few hours, we've got to run out to town to pick up a few things.  After that, we're meeting several of the school staff at one of our favorite restaurants for dinner.  Sure enjoying the laziness of this day!!  Gotta love it!!

2 comments:

Jimm said...

Sure am glad you all got to go alone and took a little time away. Dennis didnt get a shot of you sitting in the water? Shucks!!

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
Haha!! So sorry to disappoint you, big bro :o))