Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Matthew

Today is another one of those days where you just don't know what to say!!  Today would've been my Grandmother's birthday.  And a long time after her birth, my dear nephew Matthew was born.  Unfortunate for us his life ended much to early when cancer over took his earthly body!!  I came across some pictures that I had downloaded on my computer and just wanted to share them.  Of course, they were many years ago when Matt was a "youngster" :o)  The first two were when we still lived in Coopersburg and his family had come to visit us.  They make me smile!!  Just thinking of him carrying Brett around is funny to me for some reason.
Even though he was several years older than my boys he still took time to play with them.
And I hate that this picture turned sideways on me!!  I tried several times to turn it but it downloads on blogger wrong.  Oh, well, you still get the picture.  His graduation from Pequea Valley!
And this, too, was a few years ago!!  This was at Thelma's ~ not sure what holiday it was.  Probably we were all there for a big Thanksgiving meal.  Matt with his Daddy Jimm.
Matt was a beautiful person on the inside and out!! He was a great guy and nobody can replace him and we don't want anyone to replace him!!  Like Jim said, "Matt, is having the party of all parties!"   We love you, Mattie, as your Pop~Pop called you.  Happy Birthday in Heaven!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Matt!! We will always remember Matt on his special day and everyday. He was an amazing husband and father!! There isnt a day that goes by that we dont think about him or talk about him. He will continue to give us strength everyday. He is having an amazing celebration in heaven today and we will all be together again someday. I know that he is so very proud of his two children. We love and miss him everyday!! Love, Lisa, Haley and Cameron :)

Jimm said...

We think of Matt and all others who've passed and oh my. What a birthday party! Thanks for sharing. We just mentioned that Matt's and Thelma's BDay are in Sept. and both passed within days. Can only imagine sitting at THAT party table!!

Dorcas said...

Lisa, Haley & Cameron,
It is so good to hear from you all!! Thanks for the beautiful comment you left about Matt. I can't imagine how you must miss him!! Yes, he'd be one mighty proud Daddy of his two wonderful children. I love you all and hope to see you whenever we get to PA again. Keep in touch!!
Much love,
Aunt Dorcas & Uncle Dennis

Dorcas said...

Jimm & Cheryl.....
Yes, it's one big time they're having, I'm sure. But it is continually not just today!! Yes, isn't that something about their birthday's and passing. Life is so uncertain!! Love you guys!!

Aunt Vi said...

HAPPY 35th BIRTHDAY MATT! Of course you'll be young forever in Heaven. Sure do miss ya alot!!!! In the 4th pic, who's the guy in the blue shirt???????????? Just kidding, big bro!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Young and forever well!! Yes, who is that guy???????????? I love old pictures :o)