Monday, September 26, 2011

So Sad

My heart was saddened this morning when we received a phone call that a friend of mine passed away from a heart attack during the night.  She was close to our age and has her five grandchildren in our school.  And she was just in my office on Friday to pay some school bills.  Over the past 20 months, we had developed a friendship by her coming in to take care of the financial matters of her grandkids.  Those kids loved her soooooooo much.  In fact, three of them lived with their Grandma & Grandpa.  What a loss for them.  I guess I'm just numb and in shock about her passing as well as everyone else here.  Life is so fragile!!  Handle it with care and be sure to hug your loved ones today!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

So sorry to hear of this great loss. Had she been sick? You're all in my thoughts & prayers. Luv you!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
She wasn't a well person, but nothing that we would have thought taken her life. Not even sure she knew she had heart problems! My heart breaks for her grandkids!!