Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our Last Days In West Virginia

We went back to West Virginia before we took our separate ways (more on that in upcoming posts).
~     ~     ~    ~    ~
This beautiful black Lab met us every time we went down to the park.  He reminded me so much of our dear beloved Toby who has gone on to dog heaven!  I'd love to have another one just like this!!  Are you reading this Dennis?
A pretty sunset we saw on our way to . . . . .
look for these amazing creatures!
Click on the picture to get a better view
The sun going down while peaking through the trees in the woods
Again, if you click on the picture and look real close you'll see some more deer to the right of the barn!
This particular evening we saw sooooooooo many deer.  Dennis said it's the most he's seen in that area in years!!  He's itching to go hunting in November.  We'll see how things work out!!
My mother-in-law's hydrangea bush blooming away!!  I love the bluish/purple. 
Look who I found in the garden picking green beans!! haha!!  Dennis' dad has a really small garden but . . . . .
this is what it yielded and all the beans weren't even picked!!  It made us both miss the gardening and canning we've done over the years.  There's nothing like those goodies when the snow is blowing up north!!
And only in West Virginia do you see someone use tape to keep their car doors closed!!  Unbelieveable!!  We had run out to town for something and was I ever glad to have my camera with me :o)
Across the road from my father-in-law's house
Come back soon to see where we ended up on our last part of the trip!

No comments: