Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Rum Point

Friday, February 15th
We left the Blow Holes and drove on to Rum Point.  It was so beautiful as we walked around there.  We walked out on the pier and sat down for a bit.  There were a lot Sting Ray's there swimming around.
I've only seen Sting Ray's in this particular area once before, so that was neat!! 
The above and below picture are of an Eagle Ray.  It was swimming around the dock for a little while and then went swimming away.  About that time Mike hollered and when I turned around all I saw was a huge splash.  That Eagle Ray jumped up out of the water.  I wish I would have seen the whole show that it put on!!  Pretty neat!!
Another Sting Ray swimming by
Charlotte was talking about something on the sign
A fish swimming alongside the dock
I thought the root system of this tree was really cool!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

Wish I'd have seen the eagle ray jump out of the water. I was looking the other way, & was sure the slap of water sound was one of you guys falling in. Thought Mike was going to have a heart attack!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Haha!! Mike about killed me :o) That was funny.