Saturday, March 9, 2013

Out to Dinner

We very rarely go to The Wharf for dinner unless we have company or a gift certificate.  When I came home from work yesterday Dennis told me that he had made reservations for 6:00 to go there for dinner.  I didn't mind as it's special for us to go to places like this as they're a little pricey.  Yes, we had a gift certificate :o)
When we arrived it was still daylight and the last cruise ship was sailing by us out into the Sea,
but before long the sun was going down and really put on a show for us!
Then one of the pirate ships sailed right in front of the sun and what a photo opportunity!!
So pretty!!
We didn't feed the tarpon, but the sign was right there by our table.
There was a glare on the water as the sun was setting, but when the sun went down they had lights shining into the Sea.
The tarpon came right up to the area by the restaurant
and they too, were performing for us!
I asked our waiter what they feed them
and he told us fish scraps!!  Some of the fish were probably at least four feet long!!
Then the harpist came to our table and serenaded us.  I don't remember the name of the love song he played and sang, but when he finished he looked at me and said that Dennis was singing it to me in his heart :o)  Cute!!  It was a very enjoyable evening while we dined at a very special place by the Sea.  At times when the wind was blowing pretty hard it was chilly sitting there.  One of these times I'll remember to take a sweater with me.
 

4 comments:

Vi said...

Another beautiful sunset! I'm sure you don't have any pictures of one like that. lol! We had a pretty one Fri eve but there was no water in our picture!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of a sunset!! hk

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, it was beautiful even though the clouds covered the sun partially!

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
When we leave Cayman I sure will miss the beautiful sunsets!!