Sunday, February 17, 2013

Our Destination Stingray City aka Stingray Island

Tuesday, February 12th
Finally, we reached our destination!  I was so excited about going back out to the middle of the Sea
to visit Stingray City or as my sister, Vi, called it ~ Stingray Island :o)  There were several other boats out there on this day.
Looking out across the Sea toward the Great Barrier Reef.  Notice the difference in the color of water.  The darker is the deeper water!
A big catamaran was getting ready to pass us
Now it was time to get off Beauty III and get in the Sea with the Stingrays!  Cheryl and Vi getting ready to go down the ladder.
Jim and Cheryl looked like they were dancing :o))
Jim, Cheryl and Charlotte with the goggles on as she was getting ready to do some snorkeling. 
And then there is our good old faithful friend, Dayton, who works on the boat who again graciously pulled Vi across the water.
What a hoot that was!!!
As you can see the water isn't even waist deep, but some big waves would come crashing in.  The water was so warm and beautiful!!  I love it!!
I had to wait until everyone got in the water before I got in to make sure I got pictures :o)  Then Mike who didn't get in got my camera and took more pictures.
It was awesome!!!
I have more pictures on my laptop that I want to put on here of Stingray City from Mike's camera.
I'm ready to go again!!!!  Anyone want to join me?

No comments: