Saturday, February 16, 2013

Camana Bay

Monday, February 11th 
Dart ~  Have you ever heard of the Dart Styrofoam cups and plates?  Well, one of the Dart brother's live here in Cayman because of some problems with the US and tax issues.  He owns a lot of property here and has built his own little town.  We decided to go to Camana Bay to look around.  It is very pretty there.  Lots of shops/stores, restaurants, fountains and . . . . . 
just a nice place to relax.
 There's a tower there that you can go up to look around the Island.  Here the fam was lined up for a picture and notice the beautiful tile mural that's on the wall on every floor of the tower.
Looking out on of the many openings
See the fountains?  Our Early Childhood Unit teachers take their students there sometimes to play :o)  Lucky ducks!!
A Stingray on the mural
See the Carnival Cruise Ship across the way?
I stood at the same location and used my new zoom lens!
A pretty boat possibly heading out to the Sea
A sailboat out along the coastline
Some of the many, many condos and resorts along West Bay Road
Oops!!  Char kissing a fish :o)
Then we ate a light lunch at the Black Trumpet.  I slurged and bought a tiny, little truffle that had dark chocolate in the center to go with my Chicken Casear Wrap.  It was scrumptious!  I was wishing I would have got 4 or 5 of them :o)
Yummy!!
Not sure what Vi was taking a picture of here, but it was funny!
There were Chin~Chin black birds everywhere you looked!!
Even on the tables!!  It was disgusting!!
Out in the parking lot I saw these trees that were very different!  I've never seen any like them before that I can remember.  They had branches hanging down with beautiful flowers on them that were blooming!  Very pretty!!
 

No comments: