Tuesday, June 26, 2012

George and Kimberly's Wedding

On Saturday, June 23, 2012, there was a beautiful wedding at our Church.  We've known the bride for a number of years as when she was a teenager attended the same Youth Camp we went to in PA.  I'm sure that way back then Dennis never thought he'd end up doing her wedding!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
Her sweet Mother, Vicky, on the left and I are very good friends
The bride's cousin, Kiara, was the Guest Book Attendant.  She must have been bored as she got a chair and sat down when no guests were there to sign the book :o)
I had to be in the back of the Church to help get the bridesmaids, flower girls, etc. started down the aisle at the right time.  Also, I had to close the doors after they went in and then opened them when it was time for the bride and father to go down the aisle!  Apparently I got a little bored, too, as I was taking pictures of the chandelier :o)
This is another thing that is done here that isn't done in the States.  Dennis has to post what they call a "Public Notice" of the bride and groom's plans to be married.  I believe it has to be posted at least 10 days before the wedding.
Here they come!
And the bride with her Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids

Getting read to go down the aisle ~
Petrina
Shakeina
Denicia
They were adorable ~ Erika and Chandra
Joshua
Here comes the Bride and her Daddy

I was so disgusted as the videographer or photographer were in almost every picture I took!!  Arrgghhhh!!
Exchanging vows
Another thing they do here is to sign the Marriage Certificate during the Ceremony.  That's pretty neat!
The first kiss as Mr. and Mrs.
"I now present to you Mr. and Mrs.!"
The Happy Couple!!
Congrats Kimberly and George!!
 

Come back tomorrow for lots more pictures of after the wedding and reception!

No comments: