Monday, April 30, 2012

Caden's Fishing Trip With His Daddy and Pappy

One of the (main) reasons for going to West Virginia in April is because that's when trout fishing season begins and Dennis and Brett love that sport!  Oh, sorry, so does Caden!!  Haha!!  He is not quite five years old, but can fish a lot better than some adults and that's the truth.  When Brett's family still lived in Florida they went fishing a lot there, but in New Mexico there's not many places close to where they live to take Caden and that's very disappointing!  So, Pappy was so excited to take him and believe me, Caden was just as excited to go.  Last year, all of us went a few times and so we knew it would be another happy time :o)  I can't remember why, but I didn't go with them.  Well, later in the day when they returned did they ever have some fishing tales to tell.  But the pictures tell a lot, too!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
Caden's catch of eight big trout
He really was proud of his catch and I don't blame him!!  He did soooooooooo good!!  Dennis said where they went fishing they had to cast his line out for him, but he caught the fish and reeled every one of them in by himself!!  Usually he even casts the line, but this was different.
After Caden showed me his catch he told me that his Daddy had caught a Golden Trout and couldn't wait to show me. 
What a good picture of Brett, Caden and the Golden Trout.
Caden explained to me that after they catch the trout and they die that their skin changes colors.  I'm sure I knew that from before, but had forgotten.  What a lesson he shared!!
Pappy, Caden and the future fisheman showing off Caden's catch.
Getting ready for another picture.
Isn't he a sweetie?
And everyone's catch of the day!!  They caught a lot more, but could only keep their limit.  Congrats guys!!
Another shot
And the Silly Man turned his hat sideways for this pose :o)
Dennis and Brett
My two adorable munchkins!!
Caden still being silly
And Dennis with his catch!

No comments: