Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Please Pray For My Nephew

Things have really been busy here at our house and I haven't had time to post any updates here.  On my last blog post I had mentioned that my nephew, Buddy's wife had a major heart attack last Thursday.  Apparently she was without oxygen longer than what was realized and she never came out of the coma.  On Monday, she passed away at the age of 40 years.  We are all so shocked and saddened by her passing.  Please pray for Buddy and his son, Clinton.  This is an extremely hard time right now that they are going through.  My heart goes out to them!!  It just so happens that more of my family came on Sunday and my sister Vi was one of them.  Buddy didn't want her to miss this trip and insisted that she come inspite of the circumstances.  This has really been hard for her, but we are trying to keep her busy.  The services for Diane are being held on Friday.
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
Yesterday afternoon, my family and I were out on an excursion.  When we came home this beautiful bouquet of flowers was sitting on the table.  Our Church family had them sent to my family in memory of Diane.  How thoughtful!!

A closer view
A family that is very close friends of Dennis and I from our Church brought this big delicious looking fruit basket for us.  There's more than likely a pineapple in the center of this.  How thoughtful!  We appreciate our friends and Church family thinking of us at this sad time!!
The card that was on the flowers
Again, I ask for you to remember Buddy and Clinton in the coming days and months in your prayers.  What a loss for them and Diane was so young!!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
We love you, Buddy and Clinton.  Wish I was there to hug you, but remember what I told you on the phone ~ consider yourselves hugged :o)  We love you and will continue to be in touch!!
Aunt Dorcas & Uncle Dennis

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh Dorcas...
When I read this I was so shocked...
Our prayers go out to your family and Vi..
How sad!

Anonymous said...

Had Buddy on my mind everyday....huggggs from me as well..
ALSO BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY DORCAS...and Happy 96th Birthday MOM!! I know you are celebrating in Heaven.......sure do Love and Miss You ALLLLL!!! Harold K.

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
Thank you so much! Vi and my nephew hopefully will read this! It's so sad!! Diane was only 40 years old.

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
So glad you're keeping in touch with Buddy! Thanks for the birthday wishes. There was cake and ice cream and gifts, etc. on my birthday. I'm waiting for some pictures from the family!!

Vi said...

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers! I was up visiting with Buddy today. Dianne always took care of everything. Keep our family in your prayers!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes! I hope Buddy is doing okay!! Would love to see him!!