Friday, March 23, 2012

What A Day!!

Well, Thursday sure had it's share of ups and downs!!  The best part of the day was when I looked up and my sister, Charlotte and her husband Richard, walked into my office in the afternoon!!  We weren't sure if they were going to make it as their flight from Milwaukee was delayed and they only had a 50 minute layover in Charlotte, NC.  Apparently their pilot made the time up in the air although they literally had to run to catch the plane before the door was closed!  We went to Grand Old House last night for their delicious pasta dinner.  It was sooooooooooooooooooo good!!!
It's the first time we were there later in the evening and I looked over and saw these huge Tarpin swimming around.  So, we of course had to go over and get some pictures.  They are really big, big fish!!

If you look close you can see some fish in the water :o)  Dennis took a picture of Charlotte & I but it was really blurry.  We are so excited to have her and Richard here for a week.  Now, we're just waiting for the rest of the family to arrive on Sunday!!
Yesterday, March 22nd, would have been my Daddy's birthday.  I thought of him so many times throughout the day.  So glad that I had the best Dad!!  I sure do miss him!!!!!
Later in the afternoon while Charlotte and Richard walked out to the beach/Sea I took a few minutes to check my email.  I was so shocked when I read that my sister Vi's daughter~in~law had a major heart attack yesterday.  Thankfully Buddy was home and did CPR on her until the medical people got there.  She had a huge blood clot outside of her heart which the doctors were able to remove.  They had to put her in a drug induced coma to let her heart rest as she was having seizures.  Please pray for the family!  The doctors are cautiously optimistic about the outcome.  She is only 40 years old!!

4 comments:

Vi said...

Thanks for posting. So glad Char & Richard made it safely! Yes I thought of Dad(& Mom)Yesterday. Miss them terribly! I just spoke with Buddy around 1 p m today. Dianne had a very peaceful night. He & "Dr" Mike were going out to eat. Mike told Buddy he's pleased with all her vitals now. Keep praying for them! SO GLAD WE HAVE MIKE!!!!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
So glad to hear that Diane's vitals are good. All we can hope for is that she is okay when she comes out of the coma!! We're praying for her.

Jimm said...

So glad Char and Richard made it without a hitch! Save some of that good food for when we arrive! We, too, thought often of Pop and Mom yesterday. Miss them a lot. When we were coming home from the Globetrotters game tonite Mike talked with Buddy and said Diane was resting comfortably. See y'all soon. Jimm and Cheryl

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
Yes, we're glad they made it, too! Now, we're just waiting for the four of you to arrive safely. And no need to worry about the lack of good food ~ we know about many good places and then there's always Dorcas' Cafe :o) Glad to hear that Diane was doing as well as can be expected and resting. Buddy & Vi called us last night and he told us how emotionally the whole thing was. Just hope she pulls through okay. See you soon!! Love ya!!