Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Guess Where We Are


Yep!! We're in Tennessee! It's so beautiful here. I think that I could live here as it's so pretty. Dennis and our Principal, Sonia, are now in their second day of Administrator's Training here.
When I took these pictures, the sun was beginning to set and they turned out a little dark.

As I said above, this is our second day here in the Nashville area. Yesterday, I spent several hours shopping and making some necessary purchases. Talk about sticker shock ~ WOW!! For example: we bought a case of water of which we'd pay between $6.00 - $7.00 for in Cayman. We paid $2.84 for it here. Dennis and I just sort of stood back in amazement looking at prices. He often still tells me when we go to the store in Cayman and I'm standing there in a frozen state over the prices, "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto!" So, when we were staring at the prices here and he was in shock, I said, "We're back in Kansas now, Toto!" hehehe!! It's just unbelievable!! Today, I decided I was going to stay in the hotel and rest along with doing some scrapbooking. Unfortunately, that's going slow so I decided to blog. But I must get back to scrapping!! I have over 170 pictures to put in this scrapbook before Friday. Hopefully it will get finished and I can journal when I get back home. In the meantime, Dennis and Sonia got out of their classes yesterday very tired and truth be told overwhelmed with everything that was shared with them. After we ate dinner last evening and we came back to our room while Sonia went to her's, Dennis spent several hours doing homework. Sonia told me that she never went to bed last night because of her work. I think she probably fell asleep on the sofa for a short while! I feel bad for them as they are doing all of this work while I am more less relaxing and enjoying life! I hope to blog more this week in between my chores of shopping and scrapping :o)




6 comments:

Vi said...

Happy "vacation"! Sounds like you needed a rest! Don't get too comfy! LOL! Love the blog background.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Thanks for happy vacation wishes :o) I'm enjoying it while Dennis & Sonia slave away! And I thought with the 4th of July almost here and Brett getting ready to leave before too long that I'm going to leave the background like this for a while!

kmargo said...

So glad you are back in Kansas!! Its nice to here that our prices are not bad considering! I still have sticker shock at times and I haven't went anywhere else! I hope you enjoy your time here and relax! Wish we could see you!

Dorcas said...

Kari.....
:o)) Yes, it's nice to be back in the States!!

Jeanne said...

your having tons of fun...
did you shop til you dropped?
enjoy...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
Yes, I did until I got up Wednesday and came down with a yucky sinus infection!!