Thursday, July 1, 2010

Still Here

Yesterday, (Wednesday) I started updating my blog but never finished. When I got up yesterday, I had a headache and pain in my sinuses which has resulted in a sinus infection! YUCK!! I haven't felt like doing much of anything. Unfortunately, I don't have any stronger medicine than Ibuprofen to clear it up and I hope that it will go away real soon. Believe me, this isn't any way to be spending a vacation :o) But here are some of the fun places I was able to go until Dennis was quick to remind me not to buy too much as we don't have much room to get it back to Cayman. So, my shopping has pretty much come to a complete halt! haha!! I'm packing suitcases right now and seeing if I have anymore room left in them :o)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
One of my very favorite places to shop is JoAnn Etc.!! I love to go in there to look for some real deals for my scrapbooking ventures. And if you'd like to know, yes, I did find some real bargains and helpful/needful items!!
Then, who cannot live without Walmart??? Be honest now? But I am living without one in Cayman and it is possible! When I come back here to the States going to Walmart is a big necessity, believe me. In fact, when we were getting ready to land in Miami and were flying really low, immediately I spotted a Walmart. Dennis just smiled:o) I've been to the local one a few times this week! ha!! Yesterday I was there for probably two hours print off pictures. I wasn't too happy as their picture printers here are a little outdated and wouldn't download my one picture card meaning that I couldn't print any pictures off of that one! I was a little bummed about that!!
River Gate is their local mall. It is huge! Last evening after we ate dinner we went here as Dennis wanted to look for a few things. He wasn't disappointed! haha!! I will probably spend quite a bit of time there tomorrow as I'll have to be out of the hotel by 11:00 am unless Dennis can arrange something different with the manager. But who wants to go to a mall if you can't do any shopping???
I stopped by Target for a short time this morning on my way back to the hotel!
Books~A~Million is one super neat bookstore! I found a series of books by one of my favorite authors that were marked down to $3.97 each. How awesome of a deal is that? I was ready to leave the store when I saw these books and was sooooooooooo excited for me! hehe!!
I forgot to post a picture of another one of my favorite stores I visited. It was Hobby Lobby. Oh, my! I saw so many things that I would've loved to have to decorate my home in Cayman. What a wonderful and fun store, but because of space to get things home, I refrained from buying anything here. Then when I wasn't shopping or window shopping I was spending time here in our hotel! I ended up coming back here this morning and laying down for about two hours because of this sinus infection and the pain I was having. Right now, thankfully I'm feeling some better!
And hopefully by tomorrow I'll feel completely back to myself and well! We leave here in the evening and fly to Tampa. We don't arrive there until 11:30 tomorrow night, but I know that our Little Man will be awake waiting for his Grammy and Pappy's arrival! Unfortunately, we have to be back to the airport Saturday afternoon around 2:00 pm. BUT we are going to make the best of our time together!! What a great trip this has been so far!!!!

2 comments:

Vi said...

Are the pics postcards? There's no one shopping! IDEA FOR YOU---You can wear lots of outfits & such then you'll have lots of room in the luggage! LOL!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
No, they aren't postcards!

Dennis said the same thing. I could wear 7 or 8 layers :o) But I didn't buy that many clothes. I guess he meant the clothes I brought here with me! haha!! I'd look pretty funny going to where it's sooooo hot, right?