Monday, July 5, 2010

Newest Addition To Our Family


Meet Cocoa!! This morning Dennis & I were going to the grocery store and this little adorable pooch was spotted under one of our Church buses. Isn't he cute??? He's so friendly but acts like he may have been abused as he draws back from you at times. Right now, he's resting on our screened porch. I had put him in our fenced in yard, but he was able to squeeze through that. So, I'm hoping nobody comes knocking on my door asking if we've seen a lost pup, because I will be sad. Since we were on our way to the store, the food has been bought for him and his little dish:o) He's going to be an outside dog ~ no more inside dogs for us!! But we really need a good watch dog and hopefully he'll be just that.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I forgot to explain why the new puppy's name is Cocoa. Over the last several weeks when I was talking to Caden on the phone or Skype, I always asked if his new baby had arrived yet and what the baby's name was going to be. Everytime he told me the name was "Cocoa". So, I decided that since our grandbaby that will be born in just a few weeks name really isn't going to be Cocoa, I will use that in honor of Caden and his baby brother that's arriving soon :o)

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

that is so neat....
I like Cocoa..

Anonymous said...

Aw, he's really sweet. What breed is he? "Cocoa" is a very fitting name.

Charlotte

kmargo said...

LOVE Cocoa!!! I can't believe your new grandbaby will be here in a few weeks! That seems like it went by so fast!(I am sure Carissa doesn't thinks so!) Enjoy Cocoa!

Dorcas said...

Charlotte.....
He looks part German Shepherd and loves to play!

Dorcas said...

Kari.....
It won't be long now!

The Canfield Family said...

Hey, don't be surprised if your grandbaby DOES get named Cocoa! (At least the middle name!).

Dorcas said...

Doug.....
Haha!! Dennis already has said the baby's nickname is going to be Cocoa for him :o)