Monday, June 14, 2010

Flag Day, Happy Birthday Queen Elizabeth and Graduation

Happy Flag Day to all of you in the United States!! I sure do miss seeing Old Glory flowing in the breeze!! I do have one here in my house that I try to look at it often and reminisce. I'm so thankful for our flag and all that it stands for!!
A teacher in Wisconsin back in 1885 inspired her students to celebrate the flag on June 14th as "Flag Birthday" which is now known as Flag Day.
I hope you are proudly flying your flag today and have it out on display to let the world know how thankful you are for it!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Happy Birthday to the Queen!!

Queen Elizabeth II was born April 21, 1926, but today is the official day that we celebrate her birthday. I read that she wanted the day of celebration when the weather was warmer. This of course is a holiday for us, but I will be going over to my office in a short while to do some major work that was piled on my desk Friday. I will be spending several hours there this week hoping to wrap everything up for the Summer months!! Anyway, I'd like to wish The Royal Majesty a Happy Birthday!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Graduation!
Yesterday afternoon at 4:00 pm was our High School Graduation! We had a wonderful Graduation with an almost full Church. I will be posting some pictures on here shortly!!

So, life is going ahead full speed :o)

4 comments:

Vi said...

HAPPY FLAG DAY! Mom always remembered that today's Thelma Fisher's b-day. I reminded Mike of that. Happy Birthday to the Queen!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
You are so right!! I, too, remember Mom always mentioning about Thelma's birthday.

kmargo said...

Eli and the Queen have the same birthday!!

Dorcas said...

Kari.....
Ah!! Happy early birthday, Eli :o) Like in very, very early!!