Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Days Thoughts and Wishes

Happy Mother's Day
The last couple years of my Mother's life she lived with Dennis and I, so I was able to celebrate her on Mother's Day.  Most other years that wasn't possible as I had to be at our own Church for a special program.  I treasure those times of celebrating "MY" mother!!
She was one of the most special ladies in my life and how I miss her!!  I love you, Momma dear.  Although you're gone from me now you'll always live on in my heart and mind!! 
Yes, I'm a Mother and proud of it!!  God blessed me with two of the greatest boys that have turned out to be fine young men.  I was worried that I couldn't be a mother, but we made it through those baby years, teen years and now Brett and Brandon are out on their own. 
I love them both with all of my heart and am proud of them.  I pray daily for them that God will lead their lives!!  Just wish I could see them a lot more than I do.  I miss them so much!!  They will always be my boys.
And Brett has given me the best two treasures!!  If you didn't know it I love being a Grammy!!  There's nothing like it :o)
And I'd like to wish two of my "bestest friends" a super Happy Mother's Day!!  I would love to be with you today.  I may not be there in body but will be in spirit.  You two are awesome Mom's and have raised wonderful nieces and nephews for me :o)  Do you remember what you were doing in this picture?  I do, but won't put it on here!  Haha!!  Love you both!!
And last but not least was my special Mother~in~law.  She was such a wonderful person and made a lasting impression in my life and I really miss her cheery/encouragement!!
 
 I have many, many more of my family and friends that I could put on here, but I don't have pictures!!  BUT I still wish you all a very Happy Mother's Day to you, too!!  Click on the song below and watch this neat video sung by Shirley Caesar for Mother's Day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure do miss Mom, but I know she is having one awesome Mothers Day....as is Alice... Vi, Charlotte & Dorcas, I hope you ALL are having a BLESSED & HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! Love to All of You,hk

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
Thank you Harold for the kind words!! I sure miss Mom and Alice, too. They were both hard working women and such an example to me!! Yes, I'm having a good day ~ just wish I was with my boys!!
Love you!!

Vi said...

Beautiful tribute to our dear Mother! Sure do miss her. Its hard to believe she's been gone so long. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO MY DEAR FAMILY!LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Happy Mother's Day!!
Love you!!

Jimm said...

Thanks, too, for the great words about OUR WONDERFUL MAMA. We also miss her but know she's having the party of her life. In our hearts forever. A wonderful family indeed! Hope you and all MOMS had a grand day. Love you

Dorcas said...

Jim.....
Thanks! I had a good day!! Dennis made shrimp for dinner today. It was very good!!