Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Happy Birthday to My Wonderful Sister Vi

Well, I've been told by my dear sister, Vi, that 39 years ago she was born.  Not only is she wrong about that, but I think maybe her mind is getting bad with age or else she is just really wishing she was 39 :o)  Whatever it is, Vi, I hope you have a very, very Happy Birthday!!  Just sad I'm not with you to celebrate.  I guess we'll have to do that at a later time.
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
I love digging in Mom's old photo album/scrapbook and looking at the pictures.  It's always a hard choice to choose which ones I'm going to use as there's so many good ones.  Not sure how old you were here, but you don't look much more than maybe a year or so with Daddy holding you.  Look at that old car!!  Wow, that looks more than 39 years ago!!
Not sure where you were going here.  Was this when you were leaving for school in Kentucky?  Again, this is a few years ago.  We still lived on the farm!!  Oh, my.
I like this picture!!  This was at my house in Ohio around Christmas time and Thelma had lost her hair from the chemo treatments.  I remember you saying something about putting a decoration in your hair as she couldn't do that and was wearing one of her turbans/hats.  A good picture of you two!!
I love you, Vi!!  Thanks for always being there for me and supporting me.  You're an awesome sister and remember what I told you earlier.  If you are 39 years old than I must be about 5 years old :o)  Again, happy, happy birthday.  You are a very, very special sister and I love you!!
Dorcas

4 comments:

Vi said...

Thank you, Dorcas! Glad you found some recent pics! Looked like I was crying in the pic with Thelma. Tell the 3 ladies I said THANKS for their birthday wishes. I got 2 more cards today.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Well, for being 39 they aren't old :o)) Yes, I will pass the "Thanks" on for you. Keep on partying, Sis!!

Anonymous said...

I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD DAY, VI!!! Sorry I'm late...on here anyway...HAPPY BIRTHDAY...LOVE YOU!!
HK

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
She's still partying, Harold. So, she doesn't mind if a few days late :O)