Saturday, October 29, 2011

More Pictures of the Angry Sea

Here are some more pictures of the Sea that was so stirred up earlier this week from Hurricane Rina.
This dock was tore up from the rough waves
So amazing!!
It hasn't been that long from another storm that the dock had to be replaced
When we went out on Wednesday afternoon to dinner and to get groceries unfortunately I forgot to take some pictures at Seven Mile Beach.  They closed the main road several times due to the Sea breaking and crashing so hard on the beach that the huge waves were coming up on the road.  I had been down that way earlier in the day and the road was closed then and I was so disappointed as I wanted to catch a glimpse of the Sea.  But when we were down there later the road was opened again.  They have to bring in front end loaders and bull dozers to clean the enormous amounts of sand off the road.  We were driving through Sea water and a couple inches of sand on the road.  Dennis said it reminded him of driving in snow up north in the States :o)  I had my camera but forgot to get a picture.  I was so disappointed later!  Oh, well!  Now there's big piles of sand on both sides of the road there at Seven Mile Beach.  I haven't had a chance to go to the beach since the Sea has calmed down, but I'm almost positive that it has been washed away from those waves that were beating and battering the coastline.  It takes a really long time for the beaches to get built back up.  I'm anxious to go and see it!

2 comments:

Vi said...

Is this where the baptism took place & the pier they were rebuilding? The sea looks ferocious!!!!!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, this is the same dock! Every time that we have a major storm and the Sea is really, really rough it tears it up. It's right down the road from us!