Friday, October 14, 2011

Look Who Is Visiting Now

On Monday evening we went out to George Town and when I looked at the port where the cruise ships usually dock I was surprised to see who was here!  The U.S. Coast Guard!!  We were at Burger King on the Sea, as I so fondly call it and when Dennis or someone sat down I said something about the ship.  There was a younger guy and girl sitting at the next booth and the girl looked over at the guy.  She just smiled at him.  Then she looked over at and I asked her if she was from the ship.  They were :o)  I asked her where they were coming from and going to.  They were stationed out of Miami and had just come from South America she said trying to catch the "bad guys".  I told them they need to stay here in Grand Cayman for a while!!  The ship is supposed to be here until Tuesday and they'll be heading back to the States.  It was pretty neat to get to talk to someone from the ship!  This is the second time I saw a U.S. Coast Guard Ship here.
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
This is the group that went to Burger King on the Sea with us.  Here they were looking at the beautiful fish that swim out from under the ledge of corral.  There are some that are dark purple/blue, some that are striped, one that almost looks like a pencil squiggling on top of the water and lots of crabs.  I thought it would be funny to take a picture of them all looking at the fish :o)
 And tada ..... everybody facing the camera!!
Some other views across the Sea that same evening!

 Some of us thought that Jim and Darla were getting some counseling since Butch and Arlene were here for a "Family Seminar" :o)
 So peaceful out there!
 The sky was so pink
 Not near as pretty on pictures as in person!!

No comments: