Friday, October 28, 2011

The Effects From Storm Rina

I've had these pictures downloaded on my blog, but again, to busy to write about them and post.  I don't know if you follow the weather other than yours locally or not, but this week there has been a hurricane out at Sea and less than 100 miles from us.  I can look out my living room windows and see the Sea.  Usually it is calm and smooth as glass almost with little ripples, but there are times once and a while when it's a little rough with some white caps.  Well, this week it was more than white caps.  So, on Tuesday I mentioned to Dennis that I wanted to go take some pictures of the "Angry" Sea as the natives here call it when it's so rough.  So, I grabbed my camera and off we went.  For those of you who have visited us, we went up toward the Turtle Farm behind a little restaurant called Treats and took the first three pictures from their parking lot.
I was standing there with the camera to my eye taking pictures when all of a sudden something to my left caught my attention and startled me.  When I looked there sat this cat.  Here it jumped up on the wall and when I first looked was right beside me :o)

This is that little area where you can park and the Sea is right there.  (Vi, Jim, Cheryl & Mike, this is where we saw the guy walk out to his back yard and swim in that little area right behind his house).  I couldn't believe how the water was beating in there.
The rest of the pictures are right down the road from us at the stop sign at West Bay Beach.  With the water being so rough and the waves beating against the dock it was breaking it up again!  They use this area quite a bit as different businesses take divers out farther to the Sea and there's usually fishing boats here, too. 
Look at that huge wave and how far across it is.  So neat!!
Viewing straight down at the boat launch
Charlotte, this is the beach where you fell in the Sea and ruined your camera up past the trees!
Yes, if you click on the picture you'll see some crazy people out there in the water.  Some had boogie boards riding the waves while overs just rode out the waves.  Crazy, crazy, crazy!!
I will be posting some more pictures later of the "angry" Sea.

2 comments:

Vi said...

WOW!!!! That's some rough seas. It's hard to imagine that the water is up that high at those places we were standing!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, I know! I wish you could have been here to see it for yourself as the pictures just don't do it justice!!