Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Some Recent Happenings

On Grandparents Day, the Church gave corsages to the Grandparents. Here's mine looking a little bit wilted, but I wore it proudly :o) I got my Fall decorations out the other day that I brought here with me. Dennis wondered why I would decorate for Fall when it doesn't feel like it! ha!
A beautiful basket of flowers that were delivered to me by one of the local florists. A lady who has started coming to Church since we've come to Cayman sent them to me for being her friend. WOW!! I was so impressed!
A pretty bouquet of roses given to me this past Saturday while sitting around with my foot elevated after falling. These were from a very close friend of mine here!
This fruit basket is so delicious looking. In the picture it doesn't look very big, but it is. It is filled with several types of fruit, a piece of cheese, box of crackers, a box of Chip Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies and Snickers. I think there were some Kit Kat's in there too, that I wanted, but I'm assuming they're history :o) A few posts back I wrote about Sister Veta's funeral. Well, three of her daughters and one granddaughter brought the fruit basket along with a delicious cake on Saturday. That was a small token of their appreciation to Dennis for all he did for them at this sad time in their lives. How thoughtful of them!






No comments: