Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Dear Daddy!

Dear Daddy,
Oh, how I miss you!!!  It's eight years ago today that we lost you our loving and hard working Father.  I'll admit, I was Daddy's little girl and I'm not ashamed of it.  You were a person who always had to be working or tinkering at something.  If you weren't at work in the Steel Mill we could be sure you were in your shop, the yard, garden or in the barn doing something.  You were definitely not a lazy person!!  You loved us and always provided for our dear Mother and us six kids.  The last couple years of your life I was privileged to have you live near me.  With the Alzheimer's Disease I wasn't able to have you live at our house.  Almost every day I'd put Mom in the car and off we'd go to the Nursing Home to visit with you for several hours at a time.  We always had a good time with lots of laughs.  Even though your mind was affected because of that horrible disease you always knew us right up to your last two or three days of your life.  You were always happy to see us.  I remember more than once Dennis sometimes would go with Mom and I.  We'd get you in the car and take you both to get ice cream.  Oh, how you loved your ice cream!!  But the time came in the early, early morning hours on April 23, 2005 at the age of 89 years when God called your name and the angels came fluttering to your beside and carried you to your new home.  Now your mind is 100%, your hands aren't crippled and you have no pain!!!  And you're with Mom, Thelma and Matt, but most of all the One you lived to see one day.  Daddy, you'll always be in my heart and mind!!  I miss you sooooo much and again, I'm thankful for all the memories of you!!
Your girl,
Dorkie (to you) aka Dorcas
This picture was taken a few weeks after I was born.  He looks so young!

2 comments:

Vi said...

Thanks for the great post about our dear Dad. I MISS HIM SO MUCH! THANK YOU DAD for making me what I am today. I LOVE YOU!!! And wow, Dorcas that pic is really OLD if it was when you were a baby, lol!!Just kidding. You'll always be my BABY SISTER! Love you!

Dorcas said...

VIOLA LEE.....
You better be nice!! :o)