Saturday, September 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Dear Thelma

Today is a very special day!  Even though my oldest sister isn't here anymore, today has been a very special day.  It would have been her birthday!!  She was on my mind so many different times throughout the day as I was doing work around the house.  Thelma, you are still missed so much and there's an emptiness in my heart when I think of you.  I was reminiscing today and remembering how you took me to work with you when I was very, very young.  I remember how I would come and stay at your house sometimes.  And then I thought about the time you made the trip to Ohio to tell Mom you were sick.  So many memories!!  This evening Dennis and I went to Burger King by the Sea and this is what I saw when we were leaving.  I happened to have my camera and had to take some pictures.  While doing so and looking up into the heavens I was wondering what you were doing on your birthday.  I'm sure you were having a great time.  You may be gone, but you'll forever be in my heart!  Happy birthday, big sis!!
I love you,
Dorcas
The sky was just beautiful, but the Sea looked like a mirror!!

6 comments:

Vi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Thelma! Our departed loved ones are often on my mind! We have so many wonderful memories of them. Love the sunset pics. So glad you keep your camera handy!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
It's so true ~ I think of our family so often and miss them very, very much!! We were away yesterday afternoon to a Church event (that I will post about later) and had taken my camera along for that. I'm glad, too, that I had it with me as the sky and Sea were beautiful!!

Jimm said...

We too, were commenting about this date and missing TK and all out loved ones! Happy Birthday Thelma. We love you still, and miss you dearly.

Dorcas said...

Jimm.....
No matter how long it is that they are gone they will always be missed so much!!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm late commenting, but I'm sure she had ONE great birthday. At least she gets to share with Dad, Mom & Matthew...Happy Belated birthday, Thelma! Love & Miss You ALL!!!!
HK

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
Yes, I'm sure she had another great celebration!!