Saturday, August 25, 2012

As we were driving along pretty high up a mountain, we drove past a pull~off area!  I asked Brett to turn around and go back thus we did.  It was a nice place for the boys (and everyone else) to get out and stretch their legs.
 
We saw this sign and it drew our interest!
And out in front of us was this breath taking view!!  The picture doesn't begin to do justice to this beautiful place!!
After zooming out the lens
These people were there, too :o)
There were tons of grasshopper's there that Brett was trying to catch for the boys
Our rental van
Checking out grasshopper's
I love this picture!!
And this one, too!
Wildflowers
Back to the grasshopper's :o) 
Jordan even found a pinecone
Showing his Grammy
Another sign that spiked our interest.  I want to call and ask about these two pieces of property!  Would be awful nice for the guys to go hunting there!!
After spending quite a bit of time at the little pull~off area, we headed on toward Denver.  We kept seeing these contraptions and I finally figured out that they were little shelters that had a picnic area underneath!  Pretty cool!!

4 comments:

Vi said...

More great pics Sis! Glad you took your camera. It's the next best thing to being there in person!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
I don't know what I'd do without my camera! While Mike was here I ordered a new lens and had it sent to him to test it :o) I'll get it in November when we come north. This was a beautiful place!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure glad you didn't have your camera at McDonald's...HK

Dorcas said...

Harold.....
No McDonald's for miles around here!