Saturday, October 6, 2012

Red Rocks, Colorado

This particular morning, Dennis and I woke up while Caden was still sleeping away!  He slept with us every night :o)  Jordan slept with his Daddy and Mommy.  After everyone was up and ready we headed to the hotel dining area and had a delicious breakfast together.
 Then we headed out to see the Red Rocks and the Amphitheater.
Talk about rocks being beautiful!!
Well, these were!!
I was in the very back of the van,
so I passed my camera
up to Karissa who was sitting in
the front passenger seat to
take some pictures of the beautiful scenery for me!

We got to the Gift Shop area, parked and walked around.
These pictures were taken out on the back porch of the Gift Shop.
My Lil' Hams posing for me
 
Some good shots

 

 
We went down the steps to the grassy area and the boys had lots of fun playing!!
Letting off
some energy!!
 
Soon we were back in the van driving again when we came to this!

Dennis pulled over and we got out and snapped some pictures!

 

I happened to look up and saw the comb of honey in the rock!! Pretty neat!!

We decided we were going to walk through the tunnel of rock!

We drove up to the Amphitheater area and parked.
We followed the walk~way
and looked down in the valley.  It was so pretty!
Finally, we came to this.
They were setting up for a concert the night we were there.
Oh, my!  This was breath taking looking out across this!
A view to the right
and to the left!
And look who was there :o)

 
Just in case you can't tell ~
I LOVE THESE BOYS!!!
If you've never been to Colorado, you need to set time aside and go visit there!  What beautiful country!!

4 comments:

Vi said...

Love the pics. Bet a concert would have sounded great there.

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Let's go see for ourselves what it sounds like :o) I have two Gaither DVD's that were done there!

Jeanne Kuhns said...

Beautiful!
Great vacation...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
Thank you! We had a great time!!