Saturday, August 6, 2011

Youth Camp

We left Dennis' home in West Virginia and had to drive to the Cincinnati/Kentucky Airport to meet our group that was coming to Youth Camp from the Cayman Islands.  We crossed the Ohio River a couple times.
Going into Ohio 
We saw signs for Bob Evans Farm & decided to drive out to see it.  There was a lot of construction going on, so I thought no need to take any pictures of that. 
What I think looks like a Texas Longhorn down on the farm 
Crossing into Kentucky ~ almost to the airport 
Here comes some of our group from Cayman.  Glad to be there after a long day in airports and on planes :o) 
Dawn and Deann 
Deann with her cousin Chavaughn.  He comes to Cayman every summer from Jamaica to spend time with his Aunt, Uncle and Cousin and always goes to Youth Camp.  He's a great kiddo!!
And this is the only picture I got at Camp this year.  Our ladies worked in the dining hall every day and here they were cutting up watermelon. 
Youth Camp for me this year was really, really awesome!  We changed camps and no longer go to the one in PA and so I didn't want to work at this one.  I've spent many long hours working on lodging for the other one and sort of got burnt out.  So, majority of the week I just lounged around at our hotel, walked to the Goodwill store or to Walmart to print off pictures since Dennis had our vehicle and was at the Camp.  It was a very relaxing and enjoyable week for me!!  The adults of our group have talked about starting our own Youth Camp in Cayman for the past year, but since we came to the new one I think they may want to come back as they really, really liked it!!

No comments: