Monday, August 8, 2011

Back Home In Cayman

Well, after being gone for almost four weeks we are back home in Cayman.  We arrived here on Saturday, August 6th.  What a busy, busy time we had in the States.  Talk about traveling and not letting the grass grow under your feet ~ that was us :o)  I still have a lot to post about our trip, but wanted to let you know we arrived back here safely after putting on some thousand's of miles.
On another note, we received an email from a friend of our's here at our Church last Tuesday saying that her niece that we've known for several years from going to Youth Camp in PA had a baby boy.  She was only 5 1/2 months along with her pregnancy and once they got him stablized they were to fly him by air ambulance to Miami.  Unfortunately, baby George didn't survive.  The Mother text messaged Dennis on Friday asking if he would do a grave side service either Saturday or Sunday afternoon.  Being that we weren't getting home on Saturday until later in the day they decided to have the service today (Sunday) at 2:00 pm.  When we got to the cemetery I was very shocked to see a lot of people.  I had to stand out in the sun as there was hardly any room left under the canopy and it was sooooooooooooo hot!!  The service wasn't that awful long, but boy, did I get sunburned.  Anyway, I noticed the tiny white casket setting there on a stand that was covered in a pretty golden colored cloth. When I looked closer I was rather shocked to see the lid of the casket open.  The funeral director was standing behind me and I mentioned to him that I didn't think Dennis knew it was open, but he said he had told him.  In just a little while, Dennis walked over to view and then motioned for me to come up.  I hadn't walked up because it was already time to start the service, but time doesn't matter here :o)  I don't remember ever seeing a baby that tiny in my life!!  He only weighed 20 ounces!!  This was the Mother's first baby and the family is taking it so hard.  So sad.  We come home and pick up where we left off. haha!!  There's never a dull or boring moment here, believe me.  Come back as hopefully before too long I'll be putting on more pictures and updates of our trip.  But wait, I'm getting company tomorrow from Pennsylvania ~ YIPPEE!!  My nephew, Mike is coming for several days to relax.  He doesn't know it yet, but I may just have to put him to work of instead of his idea of coming here to rest and relax :o))  No, he deserves the time to just kick up his feet if that's what he wants to do.

4 comments:

Vi said...

Welcome Home, World Traveler! Did your house guest from PA arrive?

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, he did!!

Jeanne said...

Glad your back home
We missed you...
What an adventure...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
Thanks!! It's nice to be missed!! And yes, it was quite the adventure and lots and lots of traveling!! BUT FUN :o)