Friday, July 8, 2011

Urgent, Urgent Prayer Needed

You who faithfully follow my blog may remember some time ago telling you about my friend's little granddaughter who was/is fighting cancer in Florida.  At this point, she is holding her own and seemingly doing as good as can be expected for her condition.  Earlier this week, I was reading on some blogs about a 5 year old boy named Jack.  He had a very, very serious head injury and cracked jaw and then was airlifted by helicopter to a hospital.  After some time of being in a coma, he woke up, started talking to his Mommy and then was walking.  A short time later, he coded!!  He had a blood clot the size of three fists on which the doctors did surgery!!  I can't even imagine.  Right now, he is in a medically induced coma and the doctors are giving him a 50~50 chance at life and coming out of this.  But we serve a great big wonderful God who is our Mighty Physician!!  This has really touched my heart for you see, Jack is Annie's cousin.  Their grandmother and grandfather are very close friend's of ours.  I called my friend this afternoon to let her know we were praying here in Cayman.  If you happen to think of Jack and his dear family, please breathe a word of prayer for him.  If we were in this family's shoes, we'd sure appreciate all the prayer we could get!  Thanks so much!!

4 comments:

Plainlady's Ponderings said...

I am praying for Jack's family. I have known his parents since they were children. Mrs B was one of my teachers at HSBC and I was in Guatemala with the Durens for a TLC trip. It is amazing to hear of all the people praying for them.

Dorcas said...

Brenda.....
I'm sure they all appreciate it so much. What a sad situation!! I had Mrs. B for a teacher at PVBI before she was Mrs. B! haha!! We love John & Joy!!
I wanted to email you. For some reason, I can't leave comments on your blog anymore. I don't know what's happened.

Jeanne said...

we heard about this...how is he doing?

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
The last report it sounds like he is awake but has a long, long way to go!!