Monday, August 9, 2010

Trip to Northern Georgia

On Tuesday, July 14th, we got up and went to Hardee's for breakfast. Later on we went to the Air Cargo Department at the Tampa International Airport to pick~up one of the teacher's boxes of which she was moving back to the States and not returning to teach at our school this year. We had her boxes shipped to Tampa. Dennis was in and out of the Customs Dept. umpteen times trying to get her stuff released. He was given the run around over and over!! It was crazy to say the least. His name was on every one of the boxes but they had to have a this teacher's picture and an email from her stating it was okay for us to pick~up the stuff. Finally, after about 5 trips to Customs and many emails, etc. they released it to us. This is all because of 9/11!! So, we had already rented a Penske cargo van earlier for this. After we had everything packed in the van we headed to Tennessee to meet another teacher whose family is coming to our school to teach this Fall. We drove for several hours and then stopped and got a hotel for the night!! Got up the next morning and drove many more miles. Our friend who we were to meet in Tennessee met us about 10 miles south of the line in Georgia. So, we never did get to Tennessee :o)

One of my favorites!!! When I saw this I just had to have it!! Oh, refreshing!!
As you can see, I already drank it.
Along our journey, we stopped at a Dairy Queen. Dennis knows how much I love their ice cream and usually makes a stop there. Looking at the below picture, you can tell I'm not the only one who likes it :o) He ordered a large cone and it was huge. I may like Dairy Queen ice cream, but I'm sure glad I didn't order a large one!!
The beautiful city of Atlanta
Some places the Interstate was 7 and 8 lanes wide
Home of the Atlanta Braves
Not the best shots but when you are moving right along you don't get the best shots!!


2 comments:

Vi said...

Did Dennis eat ALL of that? I see Caden still loves my blanky! Hey, don't be putting that Turner Field on here. We're ( the Phillies ) aren't the best Buds right now. We're trying to pass them in the ratings! But not tonight. Last I saw Phils were down 7 - 1!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Yes, he did but he was mighty full of ice cream :o) About Turner Field ~ I know they and the Phillies are at each other's throat and believe me, I am NOT promoting the Braves!!! We just happened to pass it & I snapped a few pictures of their stadium. I'm a Phillies girl through and through and my blood is red, red, red :o) There ~ how's that, Sis???