Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sunday Morning Church

We were instructed on Saturday evening that everyone was to be out front of the hotel at 8:15 am Sunday morning to go to Church. Service wasn't to start until 9:00! They had three bus loads!! Here we were unloading and walking up to the Church. As we pulled up, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The Church windows were opened wide and my heart sank!! The beautiful building was NOT air conditioned!! It just couldn't be so, but sadly it was :o(
It's a huge Church and it was very, very full with probably at least 400 ~ 500 people. That included all the Wesleyan Holiness Churches on the Island and then all the Pastor's/Delegate's and Families who were at the Conference.
Just one of the many pretty hats that I saw.
See all the ceiling fans? There must have been close to 20 0f them plus they had big, big fan wall units, but even with all of them going it was so miserably hot. Like Dennis said, I think it had to be the hottest most miserable weekend I've ever had in my life!!

Our good friend, Dr. Rev. Wingrove Taylor, doing the Installation Service.
Getting ready to leave Church with our good friend, Dalvern, who is from Jamaica.
When we arrived at Church, Dennis asked the bus driver if he could take us to the airport after Church as we had to be there early because of it being an International flight. He said he could pick us up at 11:30 and drop us off at the airport and be back to the Church by 12:00 to take the others back to the hotel. It was so hot and miserable during the service that I was continually checking my watch to see what time it was and wishing 11:30 would quickly arrive, so we could get in the air conditioned bus. Lo and behold, at 11:05 one of the ushers came and got us to let us know our driver was there to take us to the airport!! We were so excited to know he came early!! I wanted to hug him :o)

No comments: