Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Time At Our House

One of my sister's told me that she wanted to see pictures of my tree, etc.  So, here goes!!
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
This is my Nativity Scene that was my Mother's.  I remember she got this when I was pretty young.
I really love it and it means a lot to me being it was hers!!
 Next year, I'll be adding another piece of garland so it goes down the sides of the doors farther
 My china cabinet with poinsettia lights on the top
 My little four foot tree
 I like how this picture turned out
 The caroler's were also my Mother's
 Something to remind me of what the weather is like up north :o)
 An angel
 We moved my little display case in the entry area so the Christmas tree could go in front of the living room window.
 The beautiful iridescent angel tree top that Dennis got me
 My pretty tree
 We now have lots of gifts under the tree from school kids and friends at Church.  I guess I should've taken another picture with the gifts :o)  We're saving them to open Christmas morning as we didn't buy anything for each other here.  Our gifts are waiting for us in the States!!
 I love this picture with the tree lights reflecting on the ceramic tile floor

 Some very special ornaments!!  My sister, Charlotte, gave these to us last year for Christmas after we found we were leaving Ohio and moving to the Caribbean.
 They are so pretty a glistening!  Someone told us one of the stores here sell something similar to mine.  So, if I remember next year when the decorations are being put out in the stores here I want to go looking to see if I can find some more!!

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love the picture of your tree and the reflection on the floor..it's so pretty...

Dorcas said...

Jeanne.....
:o) It's a lot different here with not having any carpet! Hard to get use to, but I too, like that picture.

Plainlady's Ponderings said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Dorcas said...

Brenda.....
Merry Christmas to you, too!!

Vi said...

BEAUTIFUL as usual, Sister. Sure wish I could be with you in the "WARMTH". I've heard of reflecting pools, but you've got a beautiful reflecting floor. THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR BEAUTY!!!

Dorcas said...

Vi....
Thank you!! I wish, too, that you were here. Missing everybody bad today.