Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Interrupted Sleep

I wish I could go back to sleep!!!  About an hour and a half ago I was sound asleep when all at once the door bell began ringing. When I looked at the clock it was only a few minutes after two.  I shook myself and it really didn't take to awful much to get out of bed.  It was then that it dawned on me that Dennis wasn't in our bed.  He apparently was having a hard time going to sleep and so instead of keeping me awake he went into another bedroom and was sound asleep there.  I went very cautiously out of our bedroom looking toward the front door to see if I could see anyone.  From our bedroom you can see straight out to our front door!  Believe me, I wasn't moving around very slow either, but all the while the door bell continued to ring and our Coco was viciously barking outside! I got to Dennis and he was still sound asleep never hearing the clanging of the door bell!  I went over to the side of the bed where he was laying and started saying, "Dennis, someone is ringing the door bell!!"  After saying me this a few times and him trying to shake the sleep out of his eyes, he said what?  I told him again and he wanted his cell phone to call another guy to come around to meet him on the front porch.  At that time of the night/morning you just don't know.  He quickly got dressed and told me to call 911 if anything happened when he got outside.  So, I followed him to the door thinking he's not going out there alone!  When he opened the door I heard him say, "What's going on, guys?"  I finally got to see for myself that there were three policemen walking out there and they along with Dennis and Keith were heading over to the Church.  The police were driving around just doing their regular routine check making sure everything was okay in the neighborhood.  When of those guys attend our Church and when they drove by he noticed all the lights on in the Sanctuary and said they aren't supposed to be on.  They stopped to check things out and here the doors were unlocked!!  They searched the Church and in the High School as it was also unlocked.  Nothing was missing as far as they could tell.  Needless to say, it was very unnerving in the middle of your sleep to be awakened by the door bell and not knowing who or what you'd fine when you answered the door.   You see, not to many years ago, someone broke into the Church and the offices.  From what I understand, quite a few things were stolen!!  Thank you, Jesus, for keeping your hand over our Church and sending along the police (Jayse especially) to see it was lit up at the time of the night and stopping to check it out!!  Well, I guess I'll try to go back to bed and sleep a little before getting up to go to work!

Sweet Dreams!!

2 comments:

Plainlady's Ponderings said...

It is so good to know God never sleeps!

Dorcas said...

Brenda.....
You are sooooo right!! It was rather scary at first not knowing what was going on!