Thursday, November 11, 2010

Have You Thanked A Veteran Today?

 Did you remember to thank a veteran today?  I'm sure there's one near you!!  Don't forget to honor them with just a few kind words!!
 I love this picture of this warrior veteran with his dear friend
 I'd like to thank my dear son, Brett, for presently serving our great country and for fighting for our freedom!!  He is in Afghanistan right now sacrificing the comforts of life and family.  Oh, how I miss you Brett and can't wait until you get home.  This is his third and hopefully final deployment away from his family!!  Keep safe, Brett, and we love you!!

Then there's my oldest brother, Jim, who served our country in the United States Army.  He spent time over in Vietnam during the war.  I remember when I was very young going along with my family to take Jim to the airport when he was getting ready to deploy to Vietnam.  Now as my son is over sea's I know what my Mother was going through!  Jim, thank you, thank you for all the time you served our great country!!  I love you and you are the bestest of the best :o)
~     ~     ~     ~     ~
I've had many uncles and cousins who've served in the Military!  One of my Daddy's brother's was killed in World War II (I think that was when it was).  My father-in-law also served in the U.S. Army.  We don't know what these men and women faced and those who are serving today continue to face!  They are so, so very courageous and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

2 comments:

VI said...

THANKS TO BRETT, JIMM & ALL THOSE WHO SERVE & HAVE SERVED & GAVE THEIR TIME & THEIR LIVES FOR OUR FREEDOM! MY LOVE TO BRETT. STAY SAFE!

Dorcas said...

Vi.....
Thanks!!